Cell washer centrifuges can be a key piece of laboratory equipment for blood banks in hospitals. There are several cell washer centrifuges that can be used by blood transfusion centres. The Hettich ROTOLAVIT II is just one option you can consider.
Hettich are already well known for being a world-class centrifuge manufacturer. The quality and attention to detail found in their laboratory centrifuges have been translated into the ROTOLAVIT II cell washer they manufacture. Let’s take a look at this model in more detail:
ROTOLAVIT II cell washer for blood bank applications
The ROTOLAVIT II can be used in a variety of settings where cell washing is required. Principally, the ROTOLAVIT II cell washer is used in blood transfusion centres for antiglobulin testing. However, it can also be used in other more broader areas of applications including:
- ABO compatibility.
- Rh testing.
- Cross matching.
- Antibody screening.
- Other applications in both haematology and clinical laboratories.
Five reasons why the ROTOLAVIT II cell washer centrifuge is right for your blood bank needs
There are many reasons why the ROTOLAVIT II is the right cell washer for you. Below is a summary of just 5 reasons why the ROTOLAVIT II is right for your blood bank needs.
- Large, easy-to-use colour touch screen that can be operated with or without surgical gloves.
- Store up to 24 different programs depending on your needs. These programs can be retrieved easily by choosing the relevant menu option on the touch screen.
- Super-fast speeds of up to 3,500 rpm (1,438 xg) makes this cell washer one of the fastest on the market.
- Low noise output of around 49dB makes this one of the quietest cell washers available. This is very useful in laboratories where there is already a lot of residual noise.
- IvD compliance in accordance with European directive 98/79/EC means that this cell washer can be used safely in a clinical environment.
Accessories for your ROTOLAVIT II cell washer
Most Hettich centrifuges come with a myriad of different rotor, bucket and adaptor configurations. However, the ROTOLAVIT II is much simpler and can be fitted with just one of two rotors. One is a 12-place swing-out rotor, whilst the other is a 24-place one. Both rotors can spin 3m and 5ml tubes with dimensions of either 10mm (diameter) x 75mm (length) and 12mm x 75mm respectively.
How Henderson Biomedical can help
Henderson Biomedical is an UK official partner of Hettich. As such, we are able to offer competitive prices on the ROTOLAVIT II cell washer. We can also offer you first-class after sales service throughout the life of your ROTOLAVIT II. This includes annual preventative maintenance and calibration of your device. Furthermore, in the unlikely event that your ROTOLAVIT II breaks down, we can assist you.
For more information on how we can help you, or if you would like a quotation, please contact our friendly team on 020 8663 4610 or complete our online form and a member of the team will get back to you.