Service Maintenance Agreements
Regularly servicing your laboratory equipment will save you money on repairs in the long term and keep your instruments in peak condition. Henderson Biomedical offer a range of flexible Service Maintenance Agreements engineered to give you a fast, reliable and cost effective support program for a range of laboratory equipment including:
- Ultrasonic disintegrators
- Rotary heat sealers
- Bar type heat sealers
- Safety cabinets
- Isolators (glove boxes)
- Vented animal cabinets
- Laboratory incubators
- Freezers (including ULT freezers)
- Solar freezers
- Laboratory ovens
- Water baths
We can service a wide range of laboratory equipment including centrifuges, heat sealers, incubators, fridges, freezers, autoclaves and more. Using us as your service provider, you are guaranteed a fast, efficient and friendly service. We have a UK wide team of skilled and professional engineers, as well as a dedicated in-house support team to offer technical assistance over the phone.
Our Service Maintenance Agreements can be tailored to your needs, mixing different contract types for different instruments in your department. This ensures your laboratory equipment servicing is carried out with your requirements in mind and with minimal interruption to your department.
| Contract Type||Bronze 1||Bronze 2||Silver||Gold|
|Number of service visits||1||2||1||1|
|Free telephone advice||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free loan unit (if required)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|No call out admin charge||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free-of-charge labour and travel for breakdowns||✘||✘||✓||✓|
|Discounted labour and travel for breakdowns||✓||✓|
|Spare parts included (if required)||✘||✘||✘||✓|
|20% discount on Hawo heat sealer spare parts||✓||✓||✓|
|Priority response over non-contract customers||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|2, 3 and 5 year fixed price available||✓||✓||✓||✓|
* A breakdown safeguard, also known as an ‘option 2’, and covers you in the untimely event of an emergency repair. The ‘option 2’ is an advanced payment for up to two emergency repairs for the duration of the Bronze Service Maintenance Agreement. This can be applied to any equipment listed in your Service Maintenance Agreement. This ‘option 2’ does not include the cost of spare parts but does include all labour and travel costs. You can purchase as many ‘option 2’ packs as you wish.
Peace of mind
Your laboratory equipment is an costly investment and deserves expert care from a company with over 30 years experience. Let Henderson Biomedical look after your instruments with:
- Rapid response to breakdowns with over 90% of faults rectified within 5 days from receipt of call
- 95% first time fix record
- Highly qualified engineers, many of which are factory trained by well known equipment brands such as Hawo, Vestfrost and MSE
- Over 10,000 spare parts available including obsolete parts no longer available from the manufacturer. All available on a next day delivery from our London based warehouse
Avoid the inconvenience associated with instrument downtime through:
- Planned preventative maintenance to minimise breakdowns
- Priority response to breakdowns for contract customers
- Expert technical support hotline for a potential instant fix over the telephone
Precise budgeting from the outset with:
- Agreements that are configured so that you pay only when the service is due, not the start date of the contract
- Service Maintenance Agreements that can be fixed for 2, 3 or 5 years to avoid unwanted price increases
- A range of flexible payment options
The importance of servicing your laboratory equipment
In short, a piece of laboratory equipment which is in a healthy condition will work out more affordable in the long term. A laboratory instrument which has not been serviced is more likely to break down and cost you money in the long term. You may think, that by avoiding a service, you are saving your department money, but as time goes by, the likelihood of you having a costly breakdown (which could have been avoided if it had been regularly serviced) will naturally increase.
In addition to this, instruments which are not regularly serviced will have a shorter life expectancy. This means that you will have to purchase a new piece of laboratory equipment more often than usual, again costing your department more money in the long term.
Then there is the safety aspect. A regular service (once or twice a year depending on usage) will ensure your laboratory devices are safe to use and give you the peace of mind that the user will not be placed into any danger. This is particularly critical for instruments like centrifuges which spin at high speeds. Any slight defect or corrosion in the rotor pins, arms or buckets can result in a disruption, which is not only incredibly dangerous, but will also completely write off the centrifuge. Another good example can be found with safety cabinets, which if not properly maintained, can expose the user to potentially dangerous pathogenic samples.
Finally, laboratory equipment which is not regularly serviced will probably not comply with legislation set out by government. Indeed, if your laboratory is accredited to an international ISO standard such as ISO 15189, a regular service must be carried out in order to comply. Failure to do this will result in a major non-conformance being raised by your external auditor.