As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility, we are committed to helping people in our local community and beyond. Since 2011, Henderson Biomedical has worked closely with The Maypole Project.
The Maypole Project is a South London charity which aims to enrich the lives of children and young people who have complex medical needs and disabilities. This is achieved by creating a ‘lifeline’ for the children, their siblings and their whole family.
The charity provides emotional and social support from the moment the family is made aware of their child or young person’s condition. Sometimes this is sadly through and following the death of a child.
The Maypole Project stays alongside families for as long as they are needed. Their services, which include a range of therapies and regular activities and outings, are tailored to the individual needs.
Ways Henderson Biomedical helps:
- We allow children connected with The Maypole Project to use our staff ‘chill-out’ area in the evenings when our offices are usually closed. The area has games such as a table tennis, foosball and pool.
- Our Directors and other members of staff attend the annual fundraising dinner and participate in fundraising.
- We have placed a collection box in our reception and encourage visitors to donate whenever possible.
- We promote awareness of The Maypole Project through our e-shots, website and social media platforms
- Staff members engage with volunteering activities organised by The Maypole Project. Learn about Olivia’s story here.
- Our company makes regular donations throughout the year, providing vital funding for The Maypole Project’s amazing work.